Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Music


Music is a very big part of my life. When I’m bored, I listen to music. When I’m doing math homework, I listen to music. When I’m in the car, I listen to music. Whether I’m alone or surrounded by friends, I always listen to music. But music also has a meaning to me. I listen to different kinds of music depending on my mood. Many times I also have songs that remind me of different people or bring back a memory. When I’m sad I tend to listen to sad music, where the lyrics roughly contain what is going on. When I’m happy, I listen to music I can dance to or that just has lyrics that tell happy things. Whenever I listen to a song for the first time with someone or they show me the song, I often tie that song to the person; and every time I listen to it, I am reminded of them. Another way I tie songs to people is if the song says a lot about the person or my relationship with the person. Sometimes songs can represent memories, like if I am with my friends listening to music and we are having lots of fun, that song can remind me of that memory. Other time if I am at a party, dancing or having lots of fun while a certain song is playing, every time I hear it after that I am reminded of that memory. So music is an incredible part of my life… whoever invented it was a genius! I don’t know what I would do without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment